Recently ATLAS members have been discussing what new starters to the group might want to know before their first session!
In a discussion about what could be included in a new starter pack, the group decided it should include information about the impact of ATLAS: “The Big Picture”.
Together, members made a mind map to express what they thought “The Big Picture of ATLAS” was. Below, some of the young people agreed to share their lived experiences in relation to the impacts mentioned.
The mind map
The mind map reads:
- Challenging assumptions
- Personal empowerment
- Job opportunities
- Improving services
- Opens the discussion
- Helping professionals understand the experience of the young people
- Promoting the right of people with additional needs and disabilities
- Making Surrey more accessible
- Surprise professionals with our points of views
- Better understanding
- Helps young people be seen
- Brought about massive change in services brought about us
- Share our expertise on our additional needs and disabilities
- Empower young people
- Empower community
- Meet and speak with other people with additional needs and disabilities
Quotes from young people
When working with the UVP Team:
The impact of participation on professionals:
Young person with Autism at university:
If you would like to read some of the feedback and consultation work that member’s of ATLAS work on, you can find out more on our ‘Monthly News‘ page!
Please check out our ‘Get Involved‘ page if you are interested in joining ATLAS.