Last updated: 20th October
By Rowan Foster
Remember – ‘hands, face, space’.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering, where rules apply
- Keep a 2m distance
- Socialise only with your household, or a maximum of 6 people
- Get a test and self-isolate if you develop symptoms
- Keep an eye on the local alert level, and make changes based on this
- Use the NHS Test and Trace app
Be prepared for a different university experience!
Whether you’re a fresher, returning student, or a postgrad, you’re likely to have a few concerns about the upcoming academic year. This year’s going to be different in a lot of ways, especially in terms of student life. We want to remind you that you can still have a fulfilling and positive university experience even under these regulations; but we urge you to be responsible and follow guidance as much as you can. We know it’s not easy, but every person can make a difference and help keep the virus contained. We’ve put together this blog post, detailing the changes you’re likely to see, and the guidance you need to bear in mind – we hope you find it useful.